It’s been far too long since I’ve been to Europe. Have you ever been? There’s so much I love about it and so many countries to see. But since I don’t have a trip planned on the direct horizon, I have been wanting to read more books by European authors or set in Europe. So I’ve started and list and wanted to share with you all, in case you also have the travel bug.
Some of these I’ve read and others were recommended. Also, England, France, Spain, and Italy have all been on my list, so I’ve focused on those countries.
- Paris is Always a Good Idea by Nicolas Barreau
- The Red Notebook by Antonine Laurain
- Author Simone de Beauvoir
- Captain Alatriste by Arturo Perez Reverte
- Author Federico Garcia Lorca
England (not by the Inklings or Jane Austen)
- Author Laura Purcell
- Author Peter Mayle (bonus for the French too)
- The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
- Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay
- Four Seasons in Rome by Anthony Doerr
- Author Elena Ferrante
Bonus (these came up in conversation):
Chilean author – Pablo Neruda
Any other European authors to add to the list?